Thursday, September 08, 2005

Alternative perceptions.

Maybe its because I am re-reading The Critique of Pure Reason but of late I have been driven somewhat crazy by reality. I suppose I should clarify, not reality in terms of the general chaos of say the US South, or that of Iraq, rather reality in terms of say the semi naked woman I see on the roof opposite me.

In essence I am finding the distance between perception and affirmation as growing, and am in a manner of speaking consumed by doubt. As it is I am not sure if this doubt is one of causality, my most likely symptom as I quite like Scots empiricism, or whether it is a question of the failure of a priori reasoning on my half.

In any case what this has resulted in is an uneasy mode of questioning and as I read Kants opus I keep being hammered by post-structualist thoughts, an un-nerving experience with any book.

What makes it even more surreal is the ever increased fracturing of society, people and the day we live in that humanity is trapped in. Or that I see humanity as being trapped in.

What I mean is that the internet, games etc. have enforced even more the abstraction of binary sequence codes into our physical reality. Not of themselves but by our subjugation to these things. Somehow a structure of being has arised that has enabled us to acknowledge IOOIOO... as having a genuine bearing on my unique corporeal self.

This adds to my confusion.

God I need a drink.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brinstar said...

Your posts always leave me thinking. That's a good thing.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home